Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 November 2010



Perfume: The Story of a Murderer


I went to see this film in the cinema, it completely shocked me. I do not know if it is the cinematic effect, but in this film, I could feel and living the events as if it was me who was playing...


That is the story..


In the France of the eighteenth century, was born in 1738, Jean Baptiste Grenouille. Raised in an orphanage until the age of thirteen years, not sociable and uncouth, Grenouille has no other passion than that of smells, and every second of his life is guided by this overdeveloped sense.

Living miserably, he manages to get hired as an apprentice to Giuseppe Baldini, a master perfumer from the capital which benefits from its exceptional gift to create new fragrances. 
It discovers the secrets and techniques of manufacturing perfumes. His gift allows him to compose some masterpieces olfactory but his sole obsession remained the natural odor of evanescent young women who cross his path. To this perfume bottle captivating and make his final masterpiece, he will commit the irreparable...

I advise you to see, it is a really good film.


Derya Akinci

No comments:

Post a Comment