Search This Blog

Thursday 4 November 2010

60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000s Madness


Last summer, "France 3" shown a suit of documentaries about the fifty last years : "60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000s Madness".

Each documentary relate ten years of History. It speaks about everything ; politic, fashion, historical events, series and music. I think that that's why these documentaries are really interessant. Usually, I don't like these kind of TV programme but these ones are fascinating ! To have the opportunity of seeing pictures and videos like these is really rewarding. I had never seen pictures of the events in May 68, Michel Berger's concert, I didn't know what happened to Michel Polnareff, how began the career of Led Zeppelin or of Coluche, I learnt new things about John Kennedy's murder... It's so diversified. I could go on a long time to list all important figures of thes fifty ! There were a lot of pictures I had never seen and I learnt a lot of new things, but I think it could me more interesting for people who have live through this period. It's always funny to see old picture of one's childhood.

For me, the most interesting subject was music. I really like 60's, 70's and 80's music. Every musicians of this period were fantastic ! If I have the opportunity, I would like to go to a concert of The Beatles, The Doors, The Rollin' Stones, Queen... It's not possible but I'm always happy to see videos. What did happend in music these years is just incredible ! Rock'n'roll was really a revolution. It inspired a lot of great musicians and made evolve music. During 60's - 70's, music influenced politic too. A lot of musicians fighted for peace, significantly in Viet-Nam. Woodstock festival took during these years and that was the biggest hippy movement ever. Around 50,000 people were expected. Finally more than 450,000 people were at these big concerts. A lot of artists were present : Jimi Hendrix, Santana, the Who, Joe Cocker...






Nadège

1 comment:

  1. Madness ? This is SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

    ReplyDelete